The ABB wedge flow element consists of a body and wedge flow restriction. This restriction creates a differential pressure in proportion to the square of the volumetric flow rate. The wedge restriction has no critical surface dimensions, or sharp edges that will affect measurement accuracy as the result of normally expected wear.
The wedge flow meter is typically used with a differential pressure transmitter to determine and output the flow rates.
- Measures liquids, gas and steam
- High accuracy of ±0.5% of rate
- Bi-directional flow
- Low Reynolds number measurement
- Minimum upstream and downstream piping requirements
- Standard sizes of 0.5" to 24"
- Flange connection (WMF) / Pipe tap (WMP) / Chemical tee (WMC)