The SOR Adjustable Dead Band pressure switch incorporates two industry proven Static “O” Ring pressure sensing elements. Media pressure on the areas of the pistons counteracts the forces of the range springs — each adjustable by a separate adjusting nut — and moves the piston shafts to operate the lever assembly which, in turn, actuates and deactuates the electrical switching element. Each pressure sensing element of the Adjustable Dead Band pressure switch is a force balance piston-actuated assembly sealed by a flexible diaphragm and an o-ring that is static. The only wetted parts are the single pressure port, two diaphragms, and two o-rings all indicated with asterisks (*) in this illustration.
These switches utilize a pair of Piston-Spring combinations to determine the adjustable ranges.
Configuration choices are available for:
- Housing - To be used in different application conditions such as Explosion Proof or Weathertight
- Switching Element - for different AC/DC ratings and dead bands
- Diaphragm and O-Ring - for different process medium compatibilities
- Pressure port - for different process mediums and process connection sizes
- Accessories - For miscellaneous such as Certificates, Special Coatings, Additional Tests
Specific application requirements can normally be met by selecting optional components, such as switching elements, diaphragm systems and pressure ports.
Pressure range: from 1 psi to 1750 psi in varying ranges and different configurations
Housings available: Weatherproof NEMA 4, 4X, IP65, Hazardous Locations Ex-Proof housings
Available O-Ring Material:
- Viton GLT
- Neoprene EPR
Also available in a Fire-Safe/Welded Diaphragm System and TCP Teflon-Coated Polyimide Diaphragm.
For more information on the details and options available, please download Adjustable Dead Band Pressure Switches (Form CAT281).