SOR® pressure switches are rugged, field-mounted instruments. The pressure sensing element of the SOR pressure switch is a force-balance, piston-actuated assembly. The sensing element is sealed by a flexible diaphragm and a static o-ring. A wide selection of wetted parts materials for media compatibility and containment are available. A metal diaphragm may be welded to the pressure port for certain applications, thereby eliminating the o-ring.
Basic models with standard wetted parts are normally suitable for air, oil, water and non-corrosive processes.
These switches utilize a Piston-Spring combination to determine the adjustable ranges.
Configuration choices are available for:
- Housing - To be used in different application conditions such as Explosion Proof or Weathertight
- Switching Element - for different AC/DC ratings and dead bands
- Diaphragm and O-Ring - for different process medium compatibilities
- Pressure port - for different process mediums and process connection sizes
- Accessories - For miscellaneous such as Certificates, Special Coatings, Additional Tests
Specific application requirements can normally be met by selecting optional components, such as switching elements, diaphragm systems and pressure ports.
Pressure range: from 1 bar vac. to 275 bar in varying ranges and different configurations
Housings available: General Purpose NEMA 1, Weatherproof NEMA 4, 4X, IP66, Hazardous Locations Ex-Proof housings
Available O-Ring Material:
- Viton GLT
- Neoprene EPR
Also available in a Fire-Safe/Welded Diaphragm System and TCP Teflon-Coated Polyimide Diaphragm.
For more information on the details and options available, please download Pressure and Vacuum Switches (Form CAT216).