Buckling Pin Pressure Relief Technology
BS&B produces fast acting/quick opening buckling pin activated pressure relief devices (inline and angle discharge) designed to protect personnel, equipment and the environment from the dangers of overpressure. Buckling pin pressure relief devices combine the accuracy of rupture disks with the ability to be ‘field reset’ while remaining installed after an overpressure event.
Features and Benefits
Buckling pin pressure relief devices provide practical technology for the protection of applications containing one or more of the following conditions:
- Continuous processing (fast reset in the line)
- Hazardous service (limits operator exposure)
- Large line size (convenient reset in the line)
- High flow capacity
- Inaccessible location (external reset in the line)
- High operating pressure to set pressure ratio
- Sizes from 1 inch (25mm) to 60 inches (1,500mm)
- Cryogenic designs available
- ASME “UD” stamped, section VIII, division 1
- European Pressure Equipment Directive “CE” marked
- Back pressure independent options available (BPIVTM)
For more information, please download the Buckling Pin Pressure Relief Technology brochure.